Страницы

Friday, November 16, 2012

START WITH QUESTIONS

Before getting down to any activity, it's so natural to question myself  about the reasons for doing it, the time I'm going to spend (and whether I can afford it), the efforts I'm supposed to invest (and hopefully I possess enough endurance for that).

Moreover, I'll have to decide if it's worth writing about. First of all, I'll be doing it to help myself organise my thoughts. And secondly, if anybody else finds it useful, I'll be more than happy.

Cris Swift came up with an amazing idea to create a Google map to help visualise where the participants of our course are located on the globe. It's a spectacular view, especially when you realise that people of different age and occupations from all parts of the world are united by educational ideas. I'm curious to know what their reasons for taking this course are. Why am I going to do it? I guess it will be the theme for the next post.

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it will create an information sharing network. Already, I plan to do the map thing in the course I teach. I have used them before, but never thought of it as a kind of "unifying" tool. Pinning ourselves on the map has been a fun first interactive activity, makes a big world and a big online group small.
    Whilst Chris's idea came to use through twitter, who knows what we will learn on our blog community.
    My blog will serve as a notebook and hopefully others might add to it. And who knows, the EDC folk might have some ideas in mind for them too!Best of luck with finding the time, my hardest challenge! Now to hit the correct button to post in a different language,,,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the comment, Angela! It's so important for me to get support from my fellow classmates, learning and teaching enthusiasts. I also plan to implement Chris's idea of creating a map and see how it works for my students.

    ReplyDelete